Friday, July 13, 2012

Intimidating New-ness

It took a very long time to learn Photoshop. I was lost every time I opened it even after reading the Missing Manual cover to cover. It took many hours of reading and watching tutorials on how to use the different tools and effects. I am finally very comfortable in Photoshop and I know there is still so much more that program can do. It took me over a year to really, really learn it, one technique at a time. 

A couple weeks ago I received Lightroom as a gift for my birthday. It is a supplment to Photoshop and is a very powerful program that can save a ton of time editing since you can edit many photos at the same time. But...... I have no idea how to really use it. I have started the process of reading and watching tutorials but it seems as if I am starting over again. I did finally manage a big hurdle this morning, learning how to bring a photo from Lightroom to Photoshop. Yay me! 

I know I will love it once I understand all the features. I am looking forward to when that day comes. Until then I just need to sit down with an extra ounce of patience.

What is a post without a photo??
My family and I went to a summer concert series at a local winery recently. It was a beautiful, breezy night to be outside. I debated on bringing my camera. Sometimes when I do I forget to enjoy myself and just take photos the whole time. But of course I threw it in my bag. I am glad I did because my two boys were being little hams for the camera.




No comments:

Post a Comment