Monday, July 18, 2011

The Fair Uninterupted

I have found that more than loving photography, I love having a photography friend. My sister-in-law Anne has taken to the hobby and we have photo day dates every once in awhile. In Iowa yesterday it was record heat waves so we started early, and didn't last long but it was so much fun and we both ended with some great shots. 
 We first stopped at a few locations downtown but spent most of our time at the empty fairgrounds. The Iowa State Fair will be starting in just a matter of weeks and a million or more people will be flooding the streets, vendors, and barns. But yesterday there wasn't a person to be found, mostly anyway. It was a different feel. It had an empty and at times an eerie feeling. The next time I am there I will be one of the million eating something on a stick.













No comments:

Post a Comment